Re: BBQ - progress is being made!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 23:49:32 EDT

Walt Felix wrote:
> Tom,
> Just remember, the '88 isn't a show piece anymore. I've been wheeling it
> some and it has a few battle scars now. Nothing major, just some scratches
> and dings and such. Also the underside of the tail gate has pretty much
> rotted away. So don't expect the big pretty truck from the photos on my
> website, it looks more like this now:
> http://www.walt-n-ingrid.com/images/Fxwds01/14040001.JPG

hahahahah! Not a show peice anymore? You are too modest Walt! have you
even seen pics of Christine? Your 88 looks like a beauty queen compared
to Christine. I have a caved in drivers side door, rotted out drivers
side rocker panel and floor pan. Frame rot, corroded wires (scowl),
well it was in a lake LOL

> Yea, I've been wanting to do the BBQ for the last few years, just never made
> it there for one reason or another. Got a few little things to fix of the
> '88. There is a cross member, that's part of the TrailDisaster kit, just
> behind and below the front diff that I damaged the first time out wheeling
> with the truck. Finally got around to calling TrailMaster and ordering a
> replacement along with the optional skid plate they should have included
> with the suspension kit in the first place. The skid plate is here, but the
> cross member is back ordered until mid-June. I need to change out the CV
> axles, I ripped the boots to shreds last time out wheeling. Still thinking
> about that oil change. ;) I bought receiver hitches for both the front and
> rear of the truck that I still need to mount. Always wanted a receiver
> mounted winch for the truck and never got to it. If funds permit, I want to
> get one before the BBQ but I just bought a new trailer so cash is a bit
> tight right now. The rear receiver is suppose to be for an early Dakota
> even though the brackets don't line up too well. A little cursing with a
> big ass hammer and a pry bar should take care of that. The front receiver
> is actually for a late model Dakota. Figured I would take a shot and hoped
> the frames were fairly similar, it could work with the same cursing, big ass
> hammer and a pry bar but I think it would hang way too low. However, it
> looks like it would fit pretty well if I cut off the mounting tabs, flipped
> it over and welded it to the frame upside down. It's hard to explain but
> you'll understand when you see it. I have a couple of other little projects
> to finish up with before the BBQ.
>
> Walt

I hear ya - I have my restoration project all mapped out in my head.
I just need to win the lottery inorder to pull it off LOL

***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ (59) Days Left! *****

Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/