Time for new tires

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 21:47:58 EDT

Ok all, time for some new tires.

The last 2 sets (previous set and current ones) have been BFG T/A's
255/60R15. They're pretty good tires, but I just don't like the traction in
the rain. Looking at tirerack.com, the Pirelli Scorpion Zero's seem to have
better rain traction (and slightly better snow traction, but about the same
as the BFG's). Granted, no tire is going to give really good traction in
the rain with our trucks, but I'd like for it to not spin off the line when
I just rest my front on the accelerator :-) Not having limited slip really
sucks ya know.... I think this set of BFG's lasted about 20K miles, not
sure on that though, could be closer to 25K. Think I made about a dozen
passes at VMP on 'em too. Have any of you tried both makes, which one you
think is better?

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L (130K on the ticker and rolling)
Quick-D CAI, M-1 Intake, Crower 1.7 Rockers, F&B 50mm TB, Accell ignition,
PP Headers, Carsound Cat, Gibson 3" Cat-back, 180 t-stat