(no subject)

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 11:40:58 EDT

""Pindell, Timothy"" <TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU> wrote in message

> That makes a lot of sense, although I admit that I'm disappointed by the
> potential loss of the cool-factor. <sigh> But it would be cheaper. If that
> is the case that the collectors should be the same length, then the
> logistics of that installation may not be feasible for a home mechanic w/o
> welder and more expensive for a shop to do it than my monthly allowance
will
> permit. The included-but-optional flange for the header y-pipe is 3".
Would
> 3" be reasonable?
>
> Tim

Ray Block runs a 3" Gibson catback on his 92 Dak with a 318, and runs in the
13's with it. Based on that, I'd say that using the 3"
"included-but-optional flange" wouldn't cause you any problems. Besides,
most people run 3" exuaust on their trucks, I'm running it on my V6, and
picked up a bunch of higher RPM performance when I changed out the stock
setup.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L