Re: Propane powered Dakota

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 18:59:17 EDT

I remember once, a Schwann's (frozen food) truck driver tried to convince me
that his GMC TopKick 6500 ran on propane. Might have convinced me, but I
saw the sticker above the fuel tank -- "DIESEL FUEL ONLY" -- That, and it
sounded like a diesel...wouldn't show me the engine.
I asked him where he fueled up, and he said, we just get in and turn the
key, they're refueled every night after we bring them back to the shop. So,
I figure that someone who knew what he was driving must be the one to
refulee the truck.

I suppose it could have been propane-injected diesel, but you don't usually
see commercially-used rigs undergoing much in the way of mods...

-Jon