Re: Propane powered Dakota

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 08:31:58 EDT

You can't run a diesel on Propane. Propane to a diesel is the same as
NOS to a gas engine. You can put in a propane injection system and get
scary power out of a diesel.

Gas engines can be converted to propane. I wouldn't mind that if i
could get a decent sized tank that didn't take up a bunch of room.

There was a company a couple of years ago that had come up with a way
to build propane tanks that could be made to the same dimensions as
stock gas tanks with fuel safe type protection. They were just getting
geared up to get FDOT approval and said at the time it would take a
couple of years to get there. The reason I like propane as a fuel is it
is more efficient than gasoline and causes far less wear on the engine.
Pulled apart a few propane engine in the past with around 200k on them
(old sherriff dept. cars) and the inside of the engine looked brand new
and clean.

Jeff Durling