Re: Subject: Shocks and Ride Quality

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 12:00:40 EDT

Right on Ray! Sometimes I think we all forget that these things are trucks.

With the springs and shocks I've got on mine, it rides just a little softer
than my friend's EVO 8, but you don't really notice it unless you try to
write something or read directions while driving.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""RayB"" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:DHELJEKAGJCDGEGBEHHJGEFCEDAA.bpracing@worldnet.att.net... > > I don't mean to frighten or alarm you folks but the cause of your poor ride > quality over bumps is much more serious than your shocks. Prepare > yourself................It's your TRUCK! TRUCK, get it?! Designed with > stiff springs to support a heavy load. Either put a 1000 pounds in the bed > or swap your springs for something softer that won't support a load and your > ride will improve tremendously. :-) > > RayB > http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/20KM1FD2KWBP.html > > > -----Original Message----- > > > > I have a 92 2WD with some nearly new Bilsteins on it, I had them > > put on at > > christmas. They seem to handle bumps pretty well at speed, but like you > > said, if I'm on a bumpy road, it's not unbearable but it > > definitely does not > > keep them out of mind. I also get a bit of bump steer still. I'm also > > running a RoadMaster Active Suspension, which I'm not sure if it > > is adjusted > > right, but I'll be looking around a bit more for shocks next time > > around. > > Rancho was another choice I had. > > > > Zach Burcham > > 92dakotahd > > > > > > >Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 03:09:37 +0000 > > >From: "Travis Bailey" <dusterrt@msn.com> > > >Subject: DML: Shocks and Ride Quality > > > > > >My truck has Bilstein shocks on it, they might be original > > equipment but I > > >think they are replacements since they looked brand new when I got the > > >truck > > >(although the entire underside of the truck looked great). Anyway, my > > >truck > > >feels really oversprung sometimes, especially in the rear. I > > know being a > > >standard cab short bed won't put much weight on the rear but I'm > > curious if > > >any of you guys have noticed an improvement in the ride with aftermarket > > >shocks. Around town it is fine, it actually handles extremely > > well, but if > > >I'm on a bumpy road it's pretty harsh and a lot of times I can > > feel wheels > > >leave the ground. Just curious, might look into different > > shocks although > > >as with everything else there seems to be a shortage of aftermarket parts > > >for non-Gen 3's...thanks, > > > > > >Travis > > >'92 Dak 5.2 4x4 >