Re: X-Pipe

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 14:49:32 EDT

Thanks fellas. It's good to know that the choice is that easy. Using the 3"
single will greatly simplify this little project and decrease it's impact on
the wallet. It sounds like the x-pipe deal is real overkill especially for
a driver. The guy that had this truck before I bought it used the 2.5"
y-pipe flange that came with the header kit because he already had a 2.5"
system, which is now cut up and crusty. He gave me the 3" adapter when I
bought the truck. I'll rumble over to Jeg's this weekend and get some new
stuff...hopefully in stainless so I don't have to do this again!

tim

>Ray Block runs a 3" Gibson catback on his 92 Dak with a 318, and runs in
the 13's with it. Based on that, I'd say that using the 3"
"included-but-optional flange"
>wouldn't cause you any problems. Besides, most people run 3" exuaust on
their trucks, I'm running it on my V6, and picked up a bunch of higher RPM
performance when I
>changed out the stock setup.
>
>- --
- - Josh

>3" will support a lot of HP so unless you are making some real serious
engine mods there is no reason to go any bigger.