truck fixed?

From: Brian Fitchett (bfitchett@comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 16:32:36 EDT

Well i got the new water pump on this weekend. Not as difficult a job
as i thought it might have been, the only tricky part is the "water pump
bypass hose" that goes on to the top of the water pump. The old water
pump was definately hosed.... the impeller had somehow been wedged up
against the housing of the pump and had been grinding off parts of the
aluminum then it finally just dug into the housing and would no longer
move. the blades on the impeller are all screwed up, i should probably
take some pictures to show people what not to do to water pump. I also
replaced the thermostat and that good stuff and now its all working
nicely without any leaks as of yet. there is one small problem however,
i am still smelling some burnt antifreeze when i get home... any guesses
as to what this may be from. I checked all the hoses and couldnt find
any visible cracks or the like. any ideas??

Brian
Black 98 CC V6