Re: RE: Diagnostic Port Wiring

From: Larry L Athey (larryathey.nospam@larryathey.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 11:33:59 EDT

I'll be honest, my only intention is to be able to listen to my pickup
on a plain RS232 (serial) basis on my laptop so I can see what's going
on with the diagnostic port. Once I get a grasp on it, I want to build a
small in-dash or under-dash device based on a PIC processor and a small
flourescent display that replaces the "check engine" idiot light with
something more comprehensive. Might sound complicated to someone who
isn't a programmer, but I do this kind of stuff on an almost daily
basis, so it's really not that major of an undertaking for me. I would
also end up making the schematic and the PIC processor source code
public for others who would like to do the same thing.