Re: FRESH MEATS!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 16:43:38 EDT

"Kyle Vanditmars" <kylevan@telus.net> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.05.27.20.25.43.171516@telus.net...

> A fresh set of four Yokohama Avid S/T tires in the 255/60 R15 size now
> reside on my wheels. They're BIG... which was kinda the point :D It's
> raining buckets right now, but they seem to be pretty good for brand new
> tires in the wet. Definitely better than the BFGs were.

I've got a set in 245/70 15 and love them. They're very grippy in the dry,
and pretty decent in the rain/snow. I'm on my second set of them now and
the only time i've been stuck in the snow was when I still had the stock
badyears on the truck. My only quam with this tire is that for a supposed
60,000 mile tire, they don't last very long. I think my first set lasted
about 20,000 miles, and this second set is right around 25,000 miles. If
they were more than the $60/ea that I paid for them, I might complain.

> Oh, for those wondering, the BFGs died a glorious death last night. I
> have pictures and video that I will put together into a little montage
> soon. I think a LSD of some sort is in order, though... ;)

Cool, I look forward to seeing the video. If you need it hosted send it to
me and I'll put it up for you tomorrow and post the link to the list.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L