Re: Shocks and Ride Quality

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 19:13:24 EDT

There were several payloads available for the Daks.. Up to a 2600# payload;
Mine is I think only 1250 or 1600#; but that's never stopped me from putting
the whole load on it.. dirt, firewood, etc..
1000# will give some squat.. If you have the softer springs like mine.. then
it just gets the rough ride from being designed with a nose down attitude..
therefore keeping what weight it does have off the rear springs. Perhaps
something as simple as a 1" lowering block may offset it enough to let the
trucks weight soften the rear end.
Just some suggestions and ideas.
Aaron