RE: Speed Control....Surges in Cruise Mode

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 11:59:44 EDT

TPS

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of "A Friend"
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 8:23 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Speed Control....Surges in Cruise Mode

Whats this???
Been noticing the cruise at times,surges usually
75-150 rpm in cruise mode.Whats the cause,and how do i
fix it?.

Also,anyone have their Dak run a bit rough in the
morning after sitting all nite?.(sort of like the
wires got wet)??.If she idles for 20-30 seconds before
going in gear,its gone.Also ran trouble codes,no
indication...
--- Zachary Burcham <roadking_dakota@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm bettin' it has a lot to do with the weight of
> the motor. I know that at
> the Lancaster, OH cruise-in last year they measured
> for lowest truck, and
> at the back, two GenIIs with the same drop kit were
> tied, but up front the
> V8 beat the V6 by a half of an inch just due to the
> weight of the extra two
> cylinders.
>
> Zach Burcham
> 92dakotahd
>

> Are
> >SLT front springs softer somehow or is it simply
> that the 318 is so much
> >heavier than the 153 that I'm used to? The rear is
> rock stable in pitch
> >and
> >roll.
> >
> >I may have to visit truckperformance.com. Thanks
> Kyle. I've never looked
> >around there.
> >
> >Wow...I've really hijacked the original thread with
> my own 'tale of
> >woe'...sorry about that.
> >
> >I'm rambling...must be sleepytime...
> >
> >Tim

> Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer
> virus scan from McAfeeR
> Security.

=====
" A Friend"