RE: Engine backfire on deceleration

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 12:00:09 EDT

Yes...it definitely can.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of BlackDak93
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 10:35 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: Engine backfire on deceleration

My 93 dakota 5.2L backfires and pops and rumbles when ever I let off the gas
or just as I apply throttle after coasting. I have a couple of shops look at
it, but no success. I also am getting a fair amount of "pinging." even on
premium gas. I suspect the infamous belly pan gasket is leaking. My question
is, could a leaking belly pan gasket cause this backfire? Does anyone have
any suggestions for other possible causes/cures for this backfire?