Re: Camshaft position sensor alignment?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 17:34:05 EDT

At 01:54 PM 5/28/04, you wrote:
>I know this has been discussed before, but can someone tell me the exact
>procedure for setting the fuel sync signal?

Set #1 piston to TDC. (Verify you are at TDC: Checking that rotor is
pointing to the #1 plug wire.) Rotate crank to the V8 mark on the
dampener. Hook up a voltmeter to the 3-pin connector coming from
the pickup in the distributor (need FSM to find the two pins of the connector
to use). Rotate distributor to just before the voltage switches from 0 to +5.
Not very accurate this way but should be within acceptable limits.
I haven't used this method (used my scanner instead). HTH.

Bob