Re: v-8 throttle body for a v-6

From: Chris Reck (creck@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 14:58:33 EDT

I had put one on my 99 truck last fall. Let me know if you need any help!

You will want to get a V8 Gasket kit and a V8 Throttle body cable for your
year. Don't tell them what engine you have now, or they might not give you
the right part. Just tell them you need the gasket and cable for a 5.2l V8
for your year.

Also, you'll need help getting the cable through the firewall. I needed a
someone in the engine bay to pull on the cable while I used a super-flat
screwdriver to squeese the tabs together to get it to pass through.

Noticed a big increase in mid-power, especially when joined with a Jet chip.
Now I gotta wait for the exhaust to die before getting a good pipe system.

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)
Shaved and polished V8 TB, Autolite 3923, 7.5mm Bosch plug wires, Custom K&N
6x9 air intake,
Rancho RSX shocks, Pioneer full audio system, BF Goodrich 32x11.5r15 T/A KO
tires

""Curt Kitts"" <cwkitts@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Ok, i need a v-8 throttle body to fit a v-6. She is a 2002 reg. cab Dak.
3.9