Re: Dakota gone, but not forgotten

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 15:42:09 EDT

Tom,
Thanks for the comments!
I looked for a 4X4 for several days, but couldn't find one trimmed the way I
wanted. As time was an issue, I have a Yellowstone trip coming up in a
couple of weeks, I couldn't wait for one to be built. Then, I sat down and
tried to rationalize having another 4X4 when I didn't use the one I had
except 5-6 times in 6.5 years. Even then, there wasn't a time when I needed
4 wheel drive. The sticker price is higher, the mileage is lower and there
is increased maintenance and repair costs. Once I scratched that feature off
the list, it freed up the budget a little to address the crappy cloth
interior Dodge is insistent on installing in the new Rams. While I'm not
really a fan of leather, I hated the cloth enough to push me to the full
Laramie package :)

John
04 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie.