Re: Midwest DML BBQ Convoy

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 07:01:26 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:

>I have lots of RV sites bookmarked at home. I seem to remember seeing
>something somewhere about the trailer towing laws through various states
>and provinces. I'll take a look and see if I can dig anything up for you.

Well, after searching through some of my bookmarked sites, it turns out
it's easier to just use Google. Looks like most of the info you might
need is here:

http://www.rvsafety.com/state.htm
http://www.rvsafety.com/new_page_1.htm
http://www.rvsafety.com/CanTowLaw.htm
http://www.rvsafety.com/canbraklaw.htm

If you want to be on the safe side (in more ways than one), I'd say
cover all the safety equipment, and have brakes on the trailer. I'm not
sure how much the guys at the border are really going to check or how
involved they'd get, but IMHO it doesn't hurt to be prepared just in case.