Re: RE: Hybrids (was: Hybrid Escape)

From: Phillip Batson (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 16:56:16 EDT

And you get those cool 3 eyed fish from the cooling
pond too! :)
They are going to build a prototype fusion reactor
soon. Either France or Japan. (personally, I hope
Japan gets it as they seem more technology savvy than
the frenchies) ;) Our administration needs to worry
less about getting to Mars (although a moon base would
be ok in my book! :P) and developing better technology
for alternate energy sources.

I'm sure the big 'ol oil companies have a lot to do
with the bad exposure of nuclear energy. With all the
damn money they make, you'd think they'd be dumping it
into R&D so they can be the "heroes" of alternate
energy. Who knows, maybe they are, and they are just
trying to maximize their profits before the oil wells
dry up. <shrug>

With the 100mi I drive every day, I am seriously
thinking about a much more fuel effiecient car. I love
my Dakota, but $200+/mo for gas is getting steep. What
I'm paying in gas alone right now would probably cover
the loan payments. <sigh>

Anyone see any of those VW GDI diesels around? They
look kinda nice....