Re: RE: Hybrids (was: Hybrid Escape)

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 17:20:42 EDT

On Jun 4, 2004, at 12:21 PM, Mr. Plow wrote:

> Big oil is the problem though, if they were smart, THEY would be the
> ones developing the new types of power, instead they are wasting their
> money and efforts trying to squash all attempts at getting away from
> our oil dependance.
>

> The Adam Blaster
> Two words, figure it out.....

Something I too have thought about in the past. They could easily move
form just being oil companies to energy companies. I've meet people who
have come up only in the corporate world and you realize very fast that
change is a scary thing to them. They seem to have a big thing of
focusing on only the bad and short range and not the benefit and
long-term. The big thing is management has a hard time getting past
what will be important beyond when they are with the company. Kind of
like politicians, everything has to be for the now not the future. It
is nice to talk about the future, though.

Jeff Durling