Valve cover vent questions

From: Valentin Garcia (valentingar@msn.com)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 17:25:40 EDT

I was looking at my engine bay today, trying to figure out what to do next
when I noticed some crud around the "vent tubing/vacuum line" that goes from
the airhat to the valve cover. It's where the tubing meets the cover. It's
not much, but what should I do?

Also with my new airhat on the way, I am debating on whether or not to put a
breather on the valve cover or plumb the hose back to the airhat (it's stock
location). Suggestions? Pros or cons?

While on the subject, what is the purpose of the vent hose? TIA!

Val Garcia
Houston TX
2K2 SXT RegCab 3.9L V6
Graphite Metallic