Re: Why should I "HAVE" to wear a seat belt?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 20:59:59 EDT

Hey, Tom,

<snip> As an Emergency Med Tech I see the results of tough guys not
wearing seat belts. If you think 5 mph is nothing --try this.. go out to
 your driveway -stand 30 paces away from the garage and run as hard as you
 can into that garage door! That's about 5 mph and it WILL hurt!!<snip>

When I was in Driver's Education in 1970, they compared the impact of an
UNseatbelted 200 lb man hitting a wall at 50 mph with that of a 60 lb bag of
concrete dropped from a second story...

I have worn one since that day, if there was one available...

In '76, I rolled my '68 Cuda. when she came to rest, my left arm was on the
ground, but not under the car...I believe it would have been - IF I hadn't
been wearing my seatbelt...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(can you say SPLAT!!??!!?!)
Averill Park, NY