Re: Re: Re: Seat Belt Tickets??

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 17:46:21 EDT

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:09:15 -0400, Rick Barnes <barnesrv@comcast.net>
wrote:

> I understand, but wearing the helmet would not have made a difference to
> her
> legs.
> Further, there are many more head injuries to AUTOMOBILE drivers than
> motorcyclists. The percentage of bikers that crash have head injuries, I
> am
> sure, but many more car drivers have head injuries, so..should we make
> them
> wear helmets?
>
> I am sorry for your friend. Lost several friends over the years.

Certainly a good point. But with motorcycles, and bicycles, even in minor
accidents, you are more likely to hit your head. Just because you fall
over. You don't need to be flying through the air. I went to church with a
guy who go into a fight with someone on the street. I don't remember the
details but he knocked the guy over and his head hit the curb and it killed
the guy he was fighting. Completely unintentional, but he did jail time for
it. It doesn't take much to get a bad head injury.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota