Re: Suspension Choices - Just shocks, or whole hog?

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 09:09:56 EDT

The reason most lowering kits reduce towing capacity is the limited travel
that is left after dropping the truck.

The way around this is increased spring rate springs. This makes for a much
rougher/stiffer ride which most are not willing to deal with.

The pinion angle change goes along with the changed geometry in the
driveline, and should be fixed to reduce wear.

Something else for you to consider is winter use in you r locale (Canada).
How much snow to you typically have to drive through? dropping the truck
also brings the nose that much closer to the pavement, and if too low, you
might find yourself plowing the streets.

TonyC