Re: RE: RE: Seatbelts, airbags and helmets

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 18:44:27 EDT

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:33:10 -0400, Norah Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> But what ticks me off... is bicycles. Plain 'ole pedal yourself bikes.
> What
> annoys me the most is not that they use bikes ... but use the same roads
> that motorized vehicles pay for with their driver's license, plates, and
> plate stickers, fuel, etc. When you're driving in rush hour traffic on
> the
> narrow roads of downtown Toronto, you have to drive to provide safety for
> the bike couriers, pleasure bikers, and those choosing to bike their way
> work. I'm all for using alternate methods of transportation... both
> health
> wise and economic reasons. What I hate... is that anyone can use the
> roads.
> They don't have to pass any tests to prove they can handle their bike
> safely.

It's funny you mention this because I had an experience today on my way to
work concerning bicyclists. Now I really don't mind that they are on the
road riding. not a big deal to me. They stay to the side and you just pass
cautiously etc etc. But today I was on a main route which is heavily
traveled by commuters. It's one lane in each direction with no shoulder.
Quite often there are bicyclists on it. But today, this one asshole was
riding double next to his buddy and chatting with him. Nevermind him cauing
traffic flow proplems, that guy was asking to get clipped by a car. He was
way into the lane of traffic.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota