Re: RE: new dakota, error P2099

From: Matt Brenneke (mbrennek@umr.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 23:04:44 EDT

For anyone who's keeping track of the new errors on my 2004 Dokota...

I got to Royal Gate Dodge yesterday evening around 5ish, and spent a
couple hours in their lobby waiting for them to finish. I didn't mind it
much, since they've got free donuts, a huge flat panel tv, and free
Wifi. There's nothing really I could do at home that I couldn't do from
their waiting room with my laptop. After those couple hours, the service
rep comes up to me and said that they need to keep it overnight.
Apperently the evening mechanic doesn't know what's wrong, but the day
mechanic had seen the error codes before.

We walked over to the Cashier and they hooked me up with a free rental
car for the evening/next day. A Chevy Avaio (sp?). Now, I thought it was
cool they gave me a rental car even though I'm under 25, but did they
have to give me the smallest, cheapest car made? It wasn't that bad of a
car, but it was not designed for someone who is 6' 2".

After work today I returned the rental car and picked up my truck.
Appearently there was nothing physically wrong with it. There is a
software error in the 2004 Dakota's computer that causes it to spew
random error codes, and Chrysler just contacted my dealer about it this
morning. Chrysler told them they should have an update in a month or
two, and until then I shouldn't worry about the check engine light
coming back on.

Overall, I'd have to say I'm pretty impressed with Royal Gate. The
salesman didn't preasure me at all, and I was able to talk him down a
fair amount on the price, I've got free oil changes and tire rotations
for life, The service dept. lobby has everything I need, and they were
extremely helpful and curtious about performing the warrenty covered
work and free rental car. I'd recommend them to anyone in the STL areal
who is looking for a new truck.

-Matt Brenneke
'04 CC SXT
http://web.umr.edu/~mbrennek/Truck/Truck.html