Re: Vent tube removal/re-install

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 05:53:06 EDT

Val,
      When you removed the vent tube, did the grommet come out of the valve
cover as well? When my oil fill cap decided to lock up and not want to come
off, I pulled the vent tube off to refill the cranckcase and the grommet
come off at the same time. What I did was pull the grommet off the plastic
elbow and re-insert it into the valve cover then I got a chrome breather
filter from Autozone and stuck it in the hole. Plugged off the air hat
fitting and thats all it took. No more worries about the oil fill cap at
oil change time, just pop off the breather and pour the oil straight in.

HTH

Ray Irons
Dover, DE

98 RC V6 daily driver