digital photography

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 22:38:35 EDT

jwynia@pragmapool.com wrote:

> I've had a digital Rebel for about a year now and am using the firmware
> hack you mentioned as well. The price difference between than a nicer
> Canon digital body pays for a really nice lens, flash, etc. Of course, it
> helped I already had Canon gear before I bought it, but I've pretty much
> dumped all of my 35mm equipment and am 100% digital now and I never intend
> to go back.
>
> J Wynia
> jwynia@pragmapool.com
> www.pragmapool.com

I'd love to pick up a digital SLR, but the prices haven't come down to
where I'm able to justify it over my trusy 35mm. I'm a really Nikon
buff, because the stuff of theirs that I've got has been very durable
and has managed to survive many a skirmish with an inatimate object. (my
coolpix survived an underwater bashing last year at the bbq)

I was eyeing the new Nikon D70 digital SLR, because it'll work with all
of my current lenses. If I had been using a Canon SLR to start with,
the digital Rebel would have been my next logical step. It would be
nice to have the new D70, but I can't justify a purchase of $700 - $1000
right now. :(

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L