Re: Tire sizes for R/T wheels

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 12:15:48 EDT

<B1LLYW@aol.com> wrote in message news:8c.d5de97a.2dff23c3@aol.com...

> How low are you? 255/50 might work.
>
> Bill White - KRC Performance

2/3 Hotchkis. I've got 245/70-15's on it now and they're 29" tall according
to the DML calculator thing. There's still plenty of wheelwell left too.
Check out the pics here:
http://album.omg-stfu.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=dak

255/50 sized tires are only 27" tall so they'll fit no problem. I'm just
looking basically for width, as I'm sure I won't find a tire that's too tall
in the 17" size. a 275/55 would be the same height as what i've got now,
but almost 11" wide.... The front width is where I'm worried, the rear
doesn't matter as much, i've seen some WIDE tires on the back of dakotas.
I'd consider getting different sized tires for the front/rear, but I'd like
to maintain the ability to rotate them if I want to.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L