Re: Tire sizes for R/T wheels

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 09:00:03 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:
> <B1LLYW@aol.com> wrote in message news:8c.d5de97a.2dff23c3@aol.com...
>
>>How low are you? 255/50 might work.
>>
>>Bill White - KRC Performance
>

> 2/3 Hotchkis. I've got 245/70-15's on it now and they're 29" tall according
> to the DML calculator thing. There's still plenty of wheelwell left too.
> Check out the pics here:
> http://album.omg-stfu.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=dak
>
> 255/50 sized tires are only 27" tall so they'll fit no problem. I'm just
> looking basically for width, as I'm sure I won't find a tire that's too tall
> in the 17" size. a 275/55 would be the same height as what i've got now,
> but almost 11" wide.... The front width is where I'm worried, the rear
> doesn't matter as much, i've seen some WIDE tires on the back of dakotas.
> I'd consider getting different sized tires for the front/rear, but I'd like
> to maintain the ability to rotate them if I want to.

As a point of reference, 31x13.50's [measured] only rub a little, at full
lock, at the very front, in my fenderwells. I know it's 2wd vs. 4wd, but
our fenders are the same size...I will take some measurements on mine if
that might help [using the center of the hub as a reference, you ought to
be able to come pretty close..]

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com