RE: RE: Extreme Velocity Airhat?

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 17:32:38 EDT

>From: "Bernd D. Ratsch" <fasstdak@hotmail.com>
>I have the 4150 (Black Plastic) airhat - $58.00.
>
>Only issue I had was the clearance on the linkage - you can either raise
>the
>airhat with a spacer or just turn it a little more towards the rear. Some
>very mild grinding is required when mounting on the billet TB's, but
>nothing
>that takes more that a few minutes. Other than that...best darn airhat
>I've
>run yet (and I've run 4 different brands - OEM, K&N, Paxton, and
>Turbonetics). Throttle response isn't really affected but rather mid to
>high-end RPM - pulls like a SOB now from 2800rpm up to 5500 on my V6 -
>doesn't feel like it's being held back anymore. No changes in the exhaust
>note for me.
>
>- Bernd

I just got mine sat. I trimmed the inside lip to allow it to sit down over
the stock TB. My next mission is finding a nice K&N homebrew setup. Should i
go with a 360 intake or make something myself. I see they have a group buy
including the air dam and upgraded air hat. I wouldn't need the air hat.
What did y'all use?
--Hop
'97 cc 318 4x4
http://home.swbell.net/hopsdak/dak.html

Getting married? Find great tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life
Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married