Re: Fuel cheap

From: Jon (jonsdak@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 01:32:25 EDT

I know the 3.3L in my dad's Voyager can take E85, but I don't personally
have experience with it, or know anyone who does.

Which actually leads me to an "offshoot" question: what makes an engine
"Flex-fuel"-capable?
How would one make a non-"Flex-fuel" engine run on alternative fuels?

I'm curious because there have been some pretty off-the-wall things people
have made engines run on in the past, but all of these that I can recall
have made it impossible for that engine to run gasoline, once modified. It
would appear, however, that "Flex-fuel" engines can still run ordinary gas?

-Jon
<WAJK1976@aol.com> wrote in message

> High gas prices have been killer on the pocketbook. Well there is a real
answer. Its called E85 fuel. I have been looking into converting my Dakota
over to run off of E85 fuel. Anyone have any experiance with E85 fuel?