Re: Re: Fuel cheap

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 07:33:56 EDT

A friend burns alky in his race car. He tells me at present, most alky used
as motor fuel is imported from Malaysia.
To get the same power from alcohol as gas, you have to burn lots more alky.
It is very corrosive and is hydroscopic-attracts water. Not good in the
winter. In fact, it is said to be "wet"-it has water in it.
Denatured alcohol-that is, "dry"- pure alcohol-no water is very
expensive-about $5/gl.

I know of no places in this area to buy E85. In fact, I've never seen it
anywhere. I'm keeping my eyes open for it now.

Jon
STL MO