RE: Deep electronic question..

From: Wayne Allewelt (wallewelt@mai-aec.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 12:31:32 EDT

Don,

You might want to check the wires going to the cruise control. My 01 FSM
says "The system is designed to operate at speeds above 30 mph (50 km/h)."
"The speed control system is electronically controlled and vacuum operated.
Electronic control of the speed control system is integrated into the
Powertrain Control Module (PCM)."

If the speed control system in electronically controlled by the PCM it might
not allow power to the cruise control system below the 30 mph mark. I would
begin with the wires that lead to the cruise control switches for power. Of
course this will involve checking for voltage while the truck is moving.
Sounds like fun. :)

Wayne
01 QC Sport 4x4 V8
East Central Florida