Re: HEMI engine ?

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 17:33:00 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "andy levy" <andy-dml@levyclan.us>
To: <dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: DML: HEMI engine ?

> Aaron Wyse wrote:
>
> > 100HP/ L is good.. Dodge's have been doing that for about 20 years..
Have
> > you seen what it takes to get 220HP out of a 2.2L Dodge.. Very little..
> > 300HP is practical for daily drivers.
> > Now they've taken it a step farther and have the Neon down to 2.0L and
> > they'll easily put out 300HP.
> > Not meaning to diss Porsche, 450HP from a 3.5L 6 is not that
spectacular..

> To get 450 HP out of that Porsche, you walk into the dealership and turn
> the key.

All I was saying is that I feel if Chrysler had wanted to get those levels
from the same displacement.. they'd have done it. Keep in mind Chrysler had
always been one of the top players when it comes to advances in technology.
I don't find the numbers impressive.

> 300 HP in a Neon 2.0L? First thing I can find to get a Neon there is
> the Stage 3 kit for the SRT-4 at
> http://www.mopartsracing.com/parts/neon.html

My father was looking into that for his SRT-4, but dealer that was doing the
install said the warranty would be void if they installed beyond the stage
2. They did a stage 2 and told him it would retain the factory warranty.