Re: RE: Deep electronic question..

From: Eric Huff (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 19:14:19 EDT

> Of course you could probably put some sort of a sensor on the
> speedometer itself - maybe a microswitch glued to the speedo at
> 40mph that the needle would hit and trip - of course it'd be damn
> tough to make the speedo work above that speed, then, and pegging
> it's travel would probably not do the motor that moves it any good
> =)--

Well, that gives me another idea. If you're into diggin into the
cluster (i don't know how bat it is back here) the speedo is at some
point probably driven by a D/A converter. You could set up a
comparator to look for that voltage. It's probably encased in the
cluster, though, and not accessible.

Best bet is probably the speed sensor and either a digital counter
or analog "counter".

eric

--
1974 Valiant 4-door, 318