Gen IV

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 04:07:02 EDT

On Jun 18, 2004, at 20:13, Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> Not on the new Dakota - Durango with a truck bed.

eh? I thought the new Dak was going to be riding on an updated Gen III
chassis bearing little if any resemblance to the new Durango.

If nothing else, they're wearing substantially different front
sheetmetal, with the Dango having wheel arches, while on the Dak the
fenders flow back into the body as on the current truck.

Of course a D with a truck bed makes far more sense to me from a
development perspective, unlike the two-platform/ two-skin approach
they seem to be taking now.

Or were you just referring to the new truck's slightly larger and
new-durango-like underhood cavity?

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
84 RamCharger 4x4 360                   98 Dakota CC 4x4 318