Re: DML Digest V5 #1871

From: spook (richardfiser@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 01:52:59 EDT

>DML: '98 Dakota--Fuel pump?????
>DML: RE: '98 Dakota--Fuel pump?????

>Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:43:37 -0500
>From: spook <richardfiser@mchsi.com>
>Subject: DML: '98 Dakota--Fuel pump?????
>

>'98 Dakota, 3.9, auto transmission. A couple of days ago I noticed that
>it wasn't starting right up. Had to crank a few more times that normal.
>If I turn the key on and wait a few seconds it starts right up.
>

> it just stopped running. Tach dropped to 0. Tried to start
>it and just cranked. Turned the switch completely off then back on and
>it fired right up. Any guesses before I get it worked on? Thanks.
>

>>Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:05:00 -0400
>>From: "Rick Barnes" <barnesrv@comcast.net>
>>Subject: DML: RE: '98 Dakota--Fuel pump?????
>>
>>Ignition coil or fuel pump. Coil is easy enough to check, stick a plug in
>>one of the wires and turn it over, look for spark.
>>
>>Rascal

Thanks but how do I do that when it restarts after the previous
conditions have been met? Guess I'll just have to wait for complete
failure. :-( Hopefully a repair shop (way too expensive as I am very
cheap) can figure out what is the problem. I was just wondering if other
people have had this problem.