Re: Re: DML Digest V5 #1871

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 09:00:12 EDT

When it fails, pull the airhat. If it smells like fuel, you probably have a
spark issue (coil). Also, checking the spark (extra plug in boot on valve
cover) will show you the color of the spark. Blue is good, yellow is a weak
coil.

A coil is a 5 minute change.

Otherwise the fuel pump can be checked by testing the fuel rail pressure on
the driver side test port. A gauge is required. Should be 50 psi +/- 5.
If not, you've seen the drill on here often enough, drop the tank, or lift
and back off the bed for access.

TonyC