Re: Rear end life, those that tow...

From: BlackDak93 (stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 12:24:01 EDT

I know this is an old topic, but I've been working on my truck and just got
a chance to catch up on the list. I wanted to chime in on this topic. My dad
has an '01 QC Dakota Sport 360. He tows a 26' travel trailer. He had the
rear go out at 35K miles. It started out as the LSD going bad and ended up
rebuilding the whole thing. The dealer has rebuilt it several times, but
they can't get it right. He was supposed to get an entire new rear end, but
then they said they had a new procedure that would take care of it. The
region al Dodge rep said the noise was not abnormal. My dad is totally deaf
in one ear and can barely hear out of the other and he can hear the noise.
Anyway, the last time they rebuilt it, they said they would not work on it
again. It is still noisy and he is about to dump the Dodge.