Re: Gen II clear corner lights

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 21:36:37 EDT

As far as the amber bulbs in clear lenses predicament, there are a couple
fixes for that. One are these chrome plated bulbs..they are silver until
the filaments light, and then they light up yellow. A variant is the Silver
Star turn bulbs, kind of a blue-chrome look until lighted again, probably
matches their Silver Star bulbs nicely. Kind of pricey though at $20 a pair
for either of those if bought locally I think (the chrome bulbs are pretty
cheap on eBay). I just got my clear lenses (off eBay), and what I am trying
is the ricer route...LED's. Amber lighting 1157 (turn) and 194 (corner)
bulbs, from what I collect they will work in place of the OE 2057 and 168
bulbs. What can I say...the instant on and off looks neat to me!

Travis
'92 Dak 5.2 4x4

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up – now 3 months FREE!