Re: New 'Poster' and Truck No.2

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 00:48:55 EDT

Andrew wrote:

> To answer a few questions; Its a 2x and an automatic. I will look
> tomorrow for the rear end gearing. How do I determine which tranny it
> is?

So, when are you planning on lowering it? IIRC, you should have an
A-500 trans, whick is a pretty decent trans.

> How is the V-6, does it stand up well? I have only opened the hood
> once, it was not a clean place, I plan to fix that, what should I look
> for? Any common leaks to look for?

Not really, just be sure to check the oil level regularly for
consumption. If it's dissapearing, you should look down the throttle
bores (with the truck off) with a flashlight and see what the inside of
the intake looks like. dry with a slight film is what you'll see if
everything is okey-dokey.

> Someone wrote about Hughes Engines, they have some v-6 parts, what
> other places have V-6 parts.

You might also want to contact Chad Evans at Muscletrucks.net. He can
get you pretty much anything on truck performance's site as well as
whatever else you need. And, he's a good guy as well. He's helped me
spend about $1000 since I've known him.

> At Edmonds Automotive i couldn't find enough details in the spec's to
> satisfy me. Where else is a good place for Info? I am still looking at
> list's home page.

There's probably a packrat out there on the list that has all of this
information saved somewhere, just wait for it...

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L