New ET's... Fastest Yet!

From: Ronald Taylor (scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 23:04:07 EDT

i just got back from the track from Test-N-Tune, and evidently I must of
done something right!

I added 5 gallons of Sunoco GT 100 Octane Race fuel to about a 1/2 tank of
Sunoco Ultra 94 (approx. 11 Gallons) and True To the Dakota's past history
at that track, it ran it's Fastest time ever on the first pass of the night!

Only thing puzzling is it hit a trap Speed barrier of 89 MPH and wouldn't go
any Faster, BUT it did
shave .2 tenths off it's best ET from last year....I used the same Nitrous
shot setting I used last year.

         Last Year Tonight

  60'- 2.278 2.284
330'- 6.652 6.313
1/8- 10.017 9.721
mph- 72.20 71.10
1000- 12.970 12.718
1/4- 15.452 15.240
MPH- 91.29 89.69

I made 2 other runs, but I didn't get enough Cool down time between runs and
the ET's fell off
by almost a Full second, a 16.10 and a 15.79 with the 88-89 MPH trap
speed.....

Another reason I think it ET's better on the First pass is the track prep is
fresh, and tonight they sprayed VHT all the way to the 1/8 mile clocks, so
traction was pretty good on the first round.

A little more tuning and practice at launching it should get it into the
14's....

Ron
01' Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
Street,Strip,and Show!

99' Dakota SLT CC 5.2 4WD
Daily Driver

MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access fights spam and pop-ups – now 3 months FREE!