RE: Air Conditioning

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 07:20:33 EDT

Hop,

How's the fan clutch holding up? It should be locked in rush-hour traffic
and high heat to keep the condenser cool.

Jon (Slavic),

An A/C system is a sealed system so once there's a leak, there's a problem.
Start with checking the lines, fittings, and condenser for any oily film
(signs of a leak) as well as how much (if any) the compressor clutch
engages. If there's no oily film at any of the fittings you can rule out an
external leak and may require further inspection (Charge + Dye and Leak
detection - either sniffer or UV light). The evaporators are known for
going bad in the Dodges (not just the trucks either) and I have to replace
them quite often at work so that is definitely a strong possibility.

- Bernd