RE: Air Conditioning

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 07:24:50 EDT

Charging the system at 2000rpm has nothing to do with anything. You put the
system under a vacuum and refill after the vacuum has completed (15-20
minutes on the average but can require up to 30-45 minutes). This can be
all done with the engine off - the A/C system doesn't care at what RPM it's
being charged at.

If it's cooling at normal speed but not a idle, I'd be looking at the fan
clutch first.

- Bernd