Re: New Dak in the family

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 09:36:44 EDT

""Cal Hyer"" <clhyer@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Got what we think was a super deal on a '98 intense blue, V-6, auto with
> about 100,000 miles in Kansas City over the weekend. James & I flew out
> Sunday night, purchased Monday morning and drove back to Georgia on Mon.
and
> Tues. We stopped off to see the arch in St. Louis and hit a guitar store
in
> Nashville. Truck ran very well and we are very pleased with the purchase.
> Some good news and some bad news.

Cool, glad to hear that you are both happy with your purchase.

> Bad first. Previous owner was a heavy man, we mean HEAVY. The drivers
seat
> is totally worn out, you sit on the floor! We purchased a pillow at a
Wally
> World to sit on for the drive. A little cosmetic surgery is needed, LR
> taillight broke and it needs a catalyic converter (or test pipe - no
> emission testing in this area yet). Someone tried to break in the
passenger
> door, the key wouldn't unlock it and it did nott open with the door handle
> from the outside. And, the owner was a smoker. The stale stench about
> chokes me..., also the truck has ground effects that James is not to fond
of
> and tires which are too small - it looks like a low-rider!

If the material covering the seat isn't in bad shape, you can just pick up a
boneyard seat and swap covers. If the cover is worn as well, try and find
one the same color if you can.... they're very expensive if you were to try
and buy one from Dodge. They come up on ebay all the time as well, if you
can't find one in a local boneyard.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L