Re: O/T Neon A/C Problems

From: Eric Huff (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 20:25:20 EDT

> My wife took her 95 Neon in to the dealer to get the A/C checked
> out as it's blowing warm air.
> They said they had to replace 2 o-rings and recharge the system
> for $250.00(cdn) , as there was no freon in the system what so
> ever. Anyone have any idea where these 2 o-rings would be
> located? (I know nothing about A/C) I find it a little hard to
> believe that 2 o-rings and a recharge comes to$250.00 not
> including taxes. I wasn't there as I work night shift but are we
> getting scammed here?

There will be an o-ring at the end of each hose, and anywhere else
there is a connection. (on my 74 valiant, there is an oring at the
expansion valve / evap connection, for example.)

I'm surprised they didn't also change the dryer.

Did they mention anything about checking the oil level?

As for price, i'm not sure what they usu charge.

eric

--
1974 Valiant 4-door, 318
1999 Dakota Ext Cab, 2WD