Re: Re: Re: 4wd light inop

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 00:22:06 EDT

On Jun 28, 2004, at 17:17, Hop * wrote:

> Mine does the same thing.. Are there any adjustment to make the
> shifter tighter?
> After the body lift they tried to adjust the 4x lever and screwed with
> it enough that 4x won't stay in. It does it in 4 low too. And it's not
> rubbing the body. It's in the lever some where.

The linkage has a sliding adjustment in it. let me see if I have a
pic.....

indeed I do. this is looking from the passenger side to the driver
side, with the front of the truck to the right. the adjustment on the
linkage is inside that orange box I drew. 71kb or so.

<http://mike.tepidcola.com/data/tmp/tcase_link.jpg>

I believe the proper adjustment procedure is to put the tcase in 2-high
(centered in the furthest detent in whichever direction is proper),
then loosen the lock bolt, make sure the t-case is centered in gear,
and then have a friend in the cab push the shifter fully forward, and
tighten the bolt there.

I hope your transfer case is in better shape than the one pictured <g>

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360