RE: Project Tidbits

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 08:48:44 EDT

Travis, I've got some questions for ya.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with GenII 2WDs but I was talking with a
fellow dak owner and we were trying to figure out if a body lift for a GenII
4x4 would work on a 2WD. We couldn't think of any issues off the top of our
heads and even figured it would be a bit easier, due to the lack of a
shifter. But I was curious if you could shed some light on the topic.

>Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:50:33 +0000
>From: "Travis Bailey" <dusterrt@msn.com>
>Subject: DML: Project Tidbits (Long!)
>
>All in all things went pretty well last week. I will break it down section
>by section..
>

>Performance Accessories 2" Body Lift:
>Went on pretty quickly, had the bumpers pulled and cab/bed lifted in about
>3
>hours working casually (impact wrech helps a lot here). What took some
>time
>was drilling the front bumper brackets, but it payed off in the form of
>being more or less perfect in the first shot bolting it up. The rear
>bumper
>was raised about an inch or so from stock by some loosening bolts and
>adjusting brackets (my friend did this while I was working on the front,
>not
>sure exactly what he did to be honest). I plan on working the brackets
>some
>more to get it all the way up to where it used to be, but where it is at
>works because it doesn't look *too* goofy with my duals. As far as they go
>it looks like the pipes after the cat could be cut and adjusted up without
>trouble. I'll have to take it to my exhaust guy sometime and see what he
>thinks. Gas filler neck worked just fine, no tight wires, all in all
>smooth
>sailing..well except for the radiator. Fan didn't clear the tranny cooler
>lines so we decided it could be tipped towards the engine as a temporary
>fix
>until I get the Viper fan in. Worked fine for a couple days, until I was
>driving down the road, minding my own business when these bikini-clad
>volleyball girls having a car wash just had to catch my eye and keep me
>from
>noticing the lady pulling out in front of me. Emergecy stop, wheels
>locked,
>engine shifts forward and the fan eats the radiator. Right in front of the
>aforementioned bikini clad volleyball girls. Not only embarassing,
>expensive! I got a new radiator and changed it in the parking lot of the
>car wash. Fun fun. Now my belt squeals like crazy and my idler pulley
>bearing is making death noises as well. Even more $$. Looking back I
>should have had AAA tow me home and had my radiator repaired or
>re-cored..but at least I have a radiator out of truck to fit my Viper fan
>to, hopefully less down time when that gets ready to go in.
>

>Travis
>'92 Dak 5.2 4x4

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up – now 3 months FREE!