Re: 2wd body lift (was: Project Tidbits)

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 18:33:44 EDT

With my 2" lift at least the transfer case lever didn't even need to be
touched. Instructions said to modify the boot but we totally forgot to do
that. Everything is just fine. I could definately see problems with a 3"
lift though. But like you said, you have no transfer case. I say it should
be just as easy as mine. I would get your own 2" piece of shift extension
though, the one that came with mine was larger than the shift rod and just
made welding it up straight difficult (hard to clamp), plus it looked like
crap. I would have ran down to the hardware store but it was closed. Weld,
grind, weld, grind..it all worked out in the end though. Of course it
doesn't help I ran out of argon and had to use flux core wire for the first
time ever..or should I say my friend I loaned the welder to used up what was
left of my tank lol..

Travis
'92 Dak 5.2 4x4