re:Kenne Bell Superchargers for the 318

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 10:00:50 EDT

Cory,
I've been reading about the Kenne Bell for years, but have seen very few
installed on a vehicle. So, I don't have any "real" experience to relate.
That being said, the positive things that I have read about the KB are
directly related to the instant torque that is provided at lower rpm's.
Most people describe it as making a small block feel like a big block.
Good, old fashioned tire shredding torque! It should make for a lot of fun
on a street car/truck.

I think the reason most people avoid them is that there is SO much stuff out
there for the centrifugal superchargers, that it's just easier (and cheaper)
to go with a centrifugal unit. I have yet to see anyone say anything about
the fact that with the Kenne Bell, you get around having to buy a
performance intake manifold. Most guys running a centrifugal are going to
step up the intake to an M1, or at least a ported stocker. There's some
money involved there, and to me, makes the Kenne Bell a little closer in
total cost compared to a centrifugal. I also believe that the racers prefer
to use the centrifugal for the higher rpm pulls they are capable of. It
makes it easier to launch, too, since the centrifugal boost comes on
gradually at low rpm's and peaks at high rpm's. Plus, simple pulley swaps
can up the boost easily.

The Kenne Bell does however, seem like an excellent street supercharger to
me. Just my 2 cents!

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto

MSN Movies - Trailers, showtimes, DVD's, and the latest news from Hollywood!
http://movies.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200509ave/direct/01/